Thursday, December 2, 2010

"Voices" Issue 2

In my second audio production class, Radio Magazine Production (RTVF 42), I learned a lot about the form of radio magazine. Once a month our class put together a roughly 30min-1hr magazine radio show, based around a central topic.  Sometimes students would team up for a piece of the magazine, but mostly everybody made an individual piece then submitted it for editing into a larger show. The attached audio comes from the second issue that our class produced, with a theme of "life and death."  Each student in the class produced an individual piece on this theme, which they turned into me as "producer."  I was then responsible for editing what was given to me, putting it together into one cohesive show, and narrating to create flow into each piece (actually I chose to that, but only because I did not want to direct a classmate's narration...).  Some of the pieces submitted were very interesting, and I enjoyed what was a long night of editing and recording.  This one is pretty long (about 33 minutes), but please give it a listen when you've got a little more time on your hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment