Friday, December 3, 2010

Hofstra Oral History

Hofstra is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year, and has been putting on a lot of programs for students, alumni, anybody really.  One of the more interesting programs was introduced to me through my RTVF 41 class, an intermediate audio production class, and it's called the oral history project.  Communications students from Hofstra interviewed faculty, students, alumni, employees and even community members from the surrounding area in Spring 2010, and our class was responsible for turning the longer form interviews into short oral histories for Hofstra's website.  We paired up with another classmate cut these pieces down, and my friend Ken Dunn and I chose a professor named Warren Frisina.  He's a professor of religion and philosophy, and he's also Dean of the Honors College which Ken and I are both members of.  So while I did not interview Professor Frisina, this piece still shows my editing skills pretty well, even when in collaboration with my friend.

You can see more about the Hofstra Oral History Project here, although none of the pieces done by my other classmates have been uploaded

No comments:

Post a Comment