Friday, December 3, 2010

Marijuana piece

For my midterm project in RTVF 41, I struggled to find a subject that was viable.  My professor assigned me the idea to look at the legitimization of marijuana, especially with Proposition 19 in California being a very hot topic at the time.  I interviewed Hofstra Law Professor Herbie DiFonzo and Drug Policy Alliance employee Evan Goldstein for this piece, both had a lot of great things to say.  Partly due to the nature of my interviews, the piece is a bit of an argument for legitimization.  It also went way over the time limit suggested, but I wanted to touch on as many aspects of the debate as I could, and looking at medicinal and recreational use seemed necessary to me.  In any case, I hope you enjoy this one, I think this is one of the better pieces I've done.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! you hit the big time Jarrett, hofstra law included you in their "in the news" email

    -croft

    ReplyDelete